• Travellers covered under a Canadian government health insurance plan
• Canadians up to age 89 travelling for business or pleasure
• Canadians travelling anywhere in the world
Features and benefits:
• 24/7 access to multi-lingual emergency assistance
• Assistance with lost or stolen travel documents • Flexible and convenient annual multi-trip plans • Option to exclude coverage for pre-existing conditions
• Savings on travel outside the USA with international travel rates
• Family rates to help keep travel costs down
Think you don't need travel insurance for that quick trip home for Christmas or that short stay in the US?
Even when you’ve planned your trip down to the last detail, the unexpected can happen, so it’s best to be prepared. Travel insurance can help. Here are some real-life situations involving travellers who were glad to have the protection and assistance it provides when it counted most.
If an unexpected medical emergency should happen when travelling outside your home province, territory or country, getting treatment can cost thousands of dollars. Your government healthcare plans have limits on how much they’ll cover, which can leave you holding the bulk of the bills.
Here’s how Emergency Hospital & Medical travel insurance can help:
|If you...|| We can help with… |
| Catch the stomach flu from tasting local exotic foods ||Finding a facility to treat you and paying your medical bills|
| Need to be taken to the hospital quickly for treatment||Arranging an ambulance to carry you to the hospital |
|Only know how to say “yes” and “no” in the local language||24/7 access to multilingual emergency assistance|
| Need accommodations for your travelling companion during your treatment||Covering unexpected out of-pocket expenses|
| Want to continue your trip after your emergency|| Travel arrangements to get you back on track|